Open Knowledge Foundation at Mozilla Festival – meet us!
At the Open Knowledge Foundation we love festivals – and attending is just half of the fun, we really like making things happen. So as soon as our friends over at Mozilla started building up their fabulous Mozilla Festival we decided to roll up our sleeves and join the party!
Mozilla Festival will take place in London (UK) on October 25th-27th. A big group from our team (who? Read on to know more about it) will head over and spread all around town for the duration. Our calendar:
October 24th, 18:00-21:00, William Goodenough House: Hit the Road Map: A Human Timeline of the Open Education Space. Join School of Open, Creative Commons, P2PU, FLOSS Manuals Foundation and Open Knowledge Foundation to flesh out a timeline of the history of open education (think rolls of butcher paper and markers) and chat over drinks and nibbles.
October 25th-27th: Mozilla Festival! We’ll be there with three sessions:
- Building collaboration across the open space, coordinated by us with Wikimedia UK, Creative Commons, OpenStreetMap and Mozilla
- Get hands-on with tools for Open Science on the Web! (and teach others how to do it, too), coordinated by us with Creative Commons and Wellcome Trust
- Data Expedition Bootcamp, coordinated by our very own School of Data.
October 25th: fancy an after-party with the team? On October 25th, after the opening celebrations of Mozilla Festival we’ll meet over drinks at the Trafalgar Tavern just around the corner from the main event’s venue to catch-up with the amazing open community! Everybody is welcome – sign up and join!
Who of the Open Knowledge Foundation staff members will be at Mozilla Festival and can’t wait to meet you (ping them on Twitter to find them – links below)?
- Beatrice Martini (Events Coordinator) joining the Mozilla Team as enthusiast friend volunteer, supporting the work of Mozilla Festival’s Events Coordinator (the wonderful Michelle Thorne) and warming up for OKFestival 2014 next July (do join us – sign up on the website for news!)
- Zara Rahman, Christian Villum, Katelyn Rogers (Community Managers for Local Groups, Working Groups and Open Government Data – not in that order) running the Building collaboration across the open space workshop
- Michelle Brook (Open Education Community Coordinator) coordinating the Open Science on the Web workshop
- Michael Bauer, Milena Marin (School of Data) and Heather Leson (Community Engagement Director) rocking the Data Expedition Bootcamp
- Sander van der Waal (Head of Long Term Projects Unit), James Hamilton (Development Director), Marieke Guy (LinkedUp Project Community Coordinator) meeting, supporting, linking up
Dear festival-goers, see you there – and at our very own upcoming festival, OKFestival 2014!