We’ll be presenting at Open Tech 2008 which takes place next Saturday (5th July). Specifically there’ll be a talk (by Rufus Pollock) on “Opening Data”, and I’ll be speaking about CKAN. This is a great event with lots of open knowledge stuff going on so do come along. Details are as follows:
- When: Saturday 5th July 2008 10:30am-7:30pm
- Where: University of London Union, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HY
- Registration: Â£5 entrance fee, advance booking on registration page recommended
- Blurb: “Open Tech 2008 is an informal, low cost one-day conference on technology, society and low-carbon living, featuring Open Source ways of working and technologies that anyone can have a go at.”
- Schedule: http://www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/schedule/
Open Tech is organised by UKUUG (the UK’s Open Systems User Groups) and should be an interesting opportunity to hear about some open knowledge and software projects – including AMEE, Open Street Map, mySociety, OpenID, and more.