This piece was co-written with Eric King of Privacy International and comes as Privacy International launches a huge new data release about companies selling surveillance technologies. It is cross-posted on the MediaShift PBS IDEA LAB and the OpenSpending blog. Today, the global surveillance industry is estimated at around $5 billion a year. But which companies […]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Browse the Open Data Handbook for guides, case studies and resources.
Topics of Interestbeneficial ownership Brazil Chapters ckan community Community Session copyright Data Journalism ddj ePSIplatform Europe event financial transparency Global Open Data Index Hackday helsinki india london ogdcamp OGP OKCon OKFestival okfn Open Access Week openbiblio open budget data opencorporates Open Data Open Data Day Open Economics open government open government data Open Government Partnership open heritage Open Knowledge OpenSpending open spending opentrials policy Public Domain public domain review research school of data science Where does my money go?
- The Infernal Cauldron (1903)
- Some Misconceptions about Data Journalism
- Open Data – For Fun & Profit
- Öppna Data Meetup #1 vid OpenLabSthlm
- Richard Hakluyt and Early English Travel
- Open source in everyday life: How we celebrated the Software Freedom Day in Bengaluru
- Grupo cria documento O Futuro das Bicicletas em São Paulo para candidato eleito