KForge v0.17 Released
We’re pleased to announce the release of KForge v0.17! KForge is an open source (GPL) suite of tools for for managing software and knowledge projects. Tools available currently include:
- Wikis and mailing lists (e.g. MoinMoin, Mailman).
- Content management systems and blogs (e.g. Joomla, WordPress, DAV).
- Version control systems (e.g. Subversion, Mercurial, Git).
- A project framework with mechanisms to plan and track work (e.g. Trac).
- Automatic project service configuration with single sign-on access control.
The KForge code is currently used in our KnowledgeForge service – which currently lists over 700 users associated with over 100 projects – from UK parliamentary transcripts to a big collection of open data on caving, from the [One Click Orgs](http://www.knowledgeforge.net/project/oneclickorgs/ ) project to works of 11th century legal scholar Ivo of Chartres. Many OKF projects use the service – such as CKAN, Open Shakespeare, Public Domain Works and Open Text Book.
The new release includes many important milestones, such as:
- New Git plugin
- New Joomla plugin
- New project ‘recent changes’ feed aggregation
- Support for using Mercurial services with Trac services
- Support for using Git services with Trac services
- Improved installer and install guide
For a full list of changes, see the announcement on the KForge Project blog.
You can download the KForge code from the Python Package Index at: