We’re pleased to announce the release of KForge v0.17! KForge is an open source (GPL) suite of tools for for managing software and knowledge projects. Tools available currently include:
- Wikis and mailing lists (e.g. MoinMoin, Mailman).
- Content management systems and blogs (e.g. Joomla, WordPress, DAV).
- Version control systems (e.g. Subversion, Mercurial, Git).
- A project framework with mechanisms to plan and track work (e.g. Trac).
- Automatic project service configuration with single sign-on access control.
The KForge code is currently used in our KnowledgeForge service – which currently lists over 700 users associated with over 100 projects – from UK parliamentary transcripts to a big collection of open data on caving, from the One Click Orgs project to works of 11th century legal scholar Ivo of Chartres. Many OKF projects use the service – such as CKAN, Open Shakespeare, Public Domain Works and Open Text Book.
The new release includes many important milestones, such as:
- New Git plugin
- New Joomla plugin
- New project ‘recent changes’ feed aggregation
- Support for using Mercurial services with Trac services
- Support for using Git services with Trac services
- Improved installer and install guide
For a full list of changes, see the announcement on the KForge Project blog.
You can download the KForge code from the Python Package Index at: