Version v0.6 of the [Comprehensive Knowledge Archive Network (CKAN)](http://www.ckan.net/) software has just been released (and simultaneously rolled out to the site). Changes include:
* Autocompletion (+ suggestion) of tags when adding tags to a package.
* Paginated lists for packages, tags, and revisions.
* RESTful machine API for package access, update, listing and creation.
* API Keys for users who wish to modify information via the REST API.
* Update to vdm v0.2 (SQLObject) which fixes ordering of lists.
* Better mmunity to SQL injection attacks.
The major development in this release were tag autocompletion (completed earlier in the year) and the [RESTful API](http://www.ckan.net/api/rest/) which was only polished off last week. For prospective users of the API there is some [example python client code](
The CKAN code is available from:
The data is available from:
Weâ€™ve now over 230 packages — with more than 100 of these added this year. If you come across a large dataset or substantial collection, please consider [registering it on CKAN](http://www.ckan.net/)!