Open Data and the Semantic Web Workshop, London, 13th November 2009
We’re currently organising a workshop on ‘open data and the semantic web’, which will take place in London this autumn. Details are as follows:
- When: Friday 13th November 2009, 1000-1800
- Where: London Knowledge Lab, 23-29 Emerald Street, London, WC1N 3QS. (See map)
- Wiki: http://wiki.okfn.org/SemanticWeb
- Participation: Attendance is free. If you are planning to come along please add your name to the wiki.
- Microbloggers: See notices on identi.ca and Twitter
Semantic web technologists and advocates are increasingly beginning to see the value of ‘open data’ for the data web. Tim Berners-Lee has spoken about the importance of open data, and being able to access raw data in easy to use formats, and the Linking Open Data project demonstrates what can be done by linking together a rich variety of publicly re-usable datasets.
This informal, hands-on workshop will bring together researchers, technologists, and people interested in open data and the semantic web from both public and private sector organisations for a day of talks and discussions.
Themes will include:
- Linking Open Data
- Legal tools for open data
- Finding open data