In addition to our Open Text Book project, we’re very interested in the creation, distribution, use and re-use of open textbooks. We’ve arranged a virtual meeting later this month for anyone interested. Details are as follows:
- When: Monday 29th September, 1000 PST, 1800 BST or 1900 CEST
- Where: #okfn IRC channel at oftc.net. To join the channel you can:
- Wiki page: http://okfn.org/wiki/opentextbooks
So far participants will include:
- Amee Godwin, ISKME + OER Commons
- Nicole Allen, Student PIRGs + Make Textbooks Affordable (which we blogged about in April)
- Rick Watson, The Global Text Project
- Judy Baker, Foothill Global Access + Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources
- Robert A. Beezer, textbook author + Professor
If you’d like to participate, please add your name and affiliation to the wiki page!
Dr. Jonathan Gray is Lecturer in Critical Infrastructure Studies at the Department of Digital Humanities, King’s College London, where he is currently writing a book on data worlds. He is also Cofounder of the Public Data Lab; and Research Associate at the Digital Methods Initiative (University of Amsterdam) and the médialab (Sciences Po, Paris). More about his work can be found at jonathangray.org and he tweets at @jwyg.