- Use open source software as much as possible
- Publish on a website details of all government spending over £25,000. [ed: great news for Where Does My Money Go]
- Allow the public to comment on all legislation before it is debated in depth by MPs and peers.
- Publish online 20 of the most socially useful government datasets within 12 months of a General Election.
- All government contacts over £10,000 being tendered by the government would also be online.
- Fewer mega-projects; a rigid insistence on open standards and inter-operability; a level playing field for open source software and for smaller suppliers.
Interested in having a say what those “20 most socially useful government datasets” should be? You can actually do so right now, courtesy of the Office of Public Sector Information’s data unlocking service.