We are pleased to announce the release of version 0.11 of the CKAN software, our open source registry of open data used in ckan.net and data.gov.uk.
This is our biggest release so far (55 tickets) with lots of new features and improvements. This release also saw a major new production deployment with the CKAN software powering http://data.gov.uk/ which had its public launch on Jan 21st!
Main highlights (for a full listing of tickets please see the trac milestone):
- Package Resource object (multiple download urls per package): each package can have multiple ‘resources’ (urls) with each resource having additional metadata such as format, description and hash (#88, #89, #229)
- “Full-text” searching of packages (#187)
- Semantic web integration: RDFization of all data plus integration with an online RDF store (e.g. for http://www.ckan.net/ at http://semantic.ckan.net/ or Talis store) (#90 #163)
- Package ratings (#77 #194)
- i18n: we now have translations into German and French with deployments at http://de.ckan.net/ and http://fr.ckan.net/ (#202)
- Package diffs available in package history (#173)
- Package undelete (#21, #126)
- Automated CKAN deployment via Fabric (#213)
- Listings are sorted alphabetically (#195)
- Add extras to rest api and to ckanclient (#158 #166)
- Change to UUIDs for revisions and all domain objects
- Improved search performance and better pagination
- Significantly improved performance in API and WUI via judicious caching