- When? 1st September 2010
- Where? Fjord Office, Friedrichstrasse 210, Berlin
- Register? You can register here!
Speakers will include:
- Martin Belam, The Guardian
- Jonathan Gray, The Open Knowledge Foundation
- Christian Heise, ZEIT Online
- Gerd Kamp, Deutsche Presse Agentur
- Georgi Kobilarov, Uberblic Labs
- John O’Donovan, BBC News
- Tom Scott, BBC Earth
- Ole Wintermann, Bertelsmann Foundation
From the blurb:
Data Journalism and the new and exciting possibilities that the Web of Data opens up for creators and consumers of news and media online will be the topic of this first meetup.
We have a brilliant lineup of speakers from media organisations like the BBC, The Guardian, the Deutsche Presse Agentur, the Bertelsmann Foundation coming to Berlin and talking about data journalism and the latest developments and projects in this field, and our friends from ZEIT Online will join the discussion.
The event takes place at the office of our friends at Fjord in the heart of Berlin. Starting at 2pm, you’ll hear talks followed by a panel discussion and an open space for working groups, and when the official programme ends at 7pm we’ll of course have drinks with all of you.
Language of all talks at the event will be English, but don’t be surprised to hear a bit of German here and there in conversations.