We’ve just launched a new mailing list for those interested in open knowledge in development:
As you may have seen we had a session on Open Knowledge for Development at OKCon 2009. There was also discussion of the value of sharing knowledge for development at the 5th Communia Workshop – particularly from Pierre Guillaume Wielezynski of the World Food Programme and Richard Owens of WIPO.
We encourage you to join – whether you’re interested in:
- visually representing development related open data (a la OKF Advisory Board member Hans Rosling)
- sharing development information or making it easier to find and re-use (a la Aidinfo or PublishWhatYouFund)
- sharing practical information for development, e.g. on sanitation or construction (a la Appropedia or Akvo)
- open textbooks and open resources for education in developing countries
- or in any other open knowledge thats related to development!
Also please consider passing this on to relevant colleagues: