As the comedians, acrobats and miscellaneous thespians prepare to leave the Edinburgh Festival Fringe for another year, it’s time for the open data crew to reclaim the city!
For those of you who have not made it along to an OKFN meet-up, the events are friendly and informal evenings for people to get together to share and argue all areas of openness. Come and join discussion around open knowledge and open data – from politics and philosophy to practicalities of theory and practice.
- When – Thursday 30th August, 7:00pm
- Where – Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh, 10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB
As ever, the evening will kick off with some lightning talks – informal 2-3 minute presentations on any topic related to open data. If you would like to give a lightning talk, please contact naomi.lillie [@] okfn.org.
Following on from the last meet-up in May, a smaller group also met recently to identify opportunities and mechanisms for advancing Open Data initiatives at the city and national levels in Scotland. You can find out more about what they talked about here – or come along to the forthcoming meet-up to get more involved with the discussions!
- Everyone is welcome, so do come along and circulate this invitation to friends and contacts
- Sign up on the Meet-up page here
- Tweet via the #OpenDataEDB hashtag
- Sign up to the OKFN Scotland Discussion List here to hear about and discuss this and future events
- If you have any questions, please contact naomi.lillie [@] okfn.org
See you there!
Naomi joined Open Knowledge Foundation in 2011. At various points she has been involved with administration, finance, project management, HR, the community network, events, communications, and other miscellaneous areas where a helping hand was needed.