- When: 19th-20th of September
- Where: Aalto University School of Arts, Design and Architecture, Hämeentie 135 C Helsinki (Hack workshop 3)
Welcome to two days of hacking for openness and sustainability at the OKFestival in Helsinki. This is an opportunity to meet great developers and sustainability experts and to help out our planet with some innovative coding.
This event is part of the Green Hackathon series of events taking place across Europe and it will comprise two days of working hands-on to improve and disseminate sustainability data. It will begin with a short presentation on Wednesday morning (Sept. 19) and end with a Show-and-Tell of the results (Sept. 20).
The focus will be on opening up and improving existing sustainability data and improving existing applications. The following challenges will be featured in the programme (time slots during Wednesday and Thursday will be confirmed in case you would like to drop by for their hacking session):
- “Land Matrix” by Neil Sorensen, International Land Coalition
- “Energy Pulse” by Thomas Thurner, Semantic Web Company / Open Knowledge Forum Austria (OKFO)
- “Big Oil Facts/Truth” by Denise Recheis, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Partnership (REEEP)
- “A Github for Environmental Data” by Chris Adams, AMEE UK
- “Sustainable Urban Infrastructure Study – Helsinki” by Markku Suvanto, Siemens Finland
- “tbc” Ed Borden, Cosm/LogMeIn
Many different contributions are welcome, including coders, designers, data specialists, economists or sustainability thinkers. The participation format is flexible, you can stay for the whole two days or drop in and out helping out some existing team. Participation is free and a OKFestival ticket is not required. Come along and help us with the challenge of opening up sustainability knowledge and making it more accessible!
How do I participate?
Participation is free and an OKFestival ticket is not required.
This event is part of the Open Knowledge and Sustainability Stream.
To register your interest for participating: http://lanyrd.com/2012/okfestival-green-hackathon/
If you would like to participate, but are not attending the OKFestival, please e-mail us at sustainability [at] okfestival.org.
More information about the event at: http://okfestival.greenhackathon.com
This blog post is also published at here.