- Event. OKCon 2013 – 17th-18th September 2013, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Call for Proposals. Find the call, FAQs and the submission form on the OKCon 2013 Call for Proposal webpage.
- Deadline. The deadline to submit your proposals is May 24th, 23:59:59 GMT. Results will be published by 17th June, 23:59:59 GMT.
- Tickets. Early Bird tickets are on sale until 23rd June!
Following the announcement of the dates for this year’s Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon), we have been asked by many people from our community how they can get involved.
We are now glad and excited to give you the news: the Call for Proposals is launched today!
OKCon 2013 will be an intense 2-day event (taking place on 17th-18th September in Geneva, Switzerland). Its programme will be curated in part directly by the organisers, nominating Invited Speakers, and partly together with you – our community – thanks to your proposals.
We have identified six specific topics to discuss and explore on this year’s theme of Open Data – Broad, Deep, Connected which we hope will inspire and excite you as much as it does us:
- Open Data, Government and Governance
- Open Development and Sustainability
- Open Science and Research
- Open Culture
- Technology, Tools and Business
- Evidence and Stories
We have compiled a how-to guide, with FAQs and the submission form – please find them all on the OKCon 2013 Call for Proposal webpage. We are looking forward to your ideas!
The Call for Proposals starts today (7th May) and ends on 24th May, at 23:59:59 GMT. Read all about OKCon’s Call for Proposals and more on the conference website.
As the Open Knowledge Foundation's Events Manager Beatrice leads the team organising OKFestival 2014 (Berlin, July 15-18 – see you there!). Furthermore, she coordinates other Open Knowledge Foundation events working to expand the organisation’s global network through a variety of in person and online actions and formats.
She's also a core member of OpenTechSchool, a community initiative offering free programming workshops and meetups. Follow her on Twitter @beatricemartini.