The Open Knowledge Foundation is involved with a number of events at and around the Open Government Partnership Summit this week. If you’re coming to the summit or any of the events around it, here is where you can find us.
Tuesday 29th October
If you’re going to the Open Data Institute’s Annual Summit, you can catch up with the Open Knowledge Foundation CEO Laura James who will be speaking there.
We’re having an informal Open Data Meetup at the Centre for Creative Collaboration on Tuesday night from 19:00-21:30. If you’re around come and join us for lightning talks, drinks and more!
Wednesday 30th October
On Wednesday we’re helping to run the Open Government Partnership Civil Society Day, before the main summit kicks off. We’re coordinating the unconference and will be involved in sessions on proactive transparency, privacy and more.
Thursday 31st October
At the OGP Festival, we’ll have information stands where you can come and talk to us, as well as a dedicated space with sessions on:
- Open Data Index – Igniting Conversations Between Citizens and Governments (16:45-17:15)
- Global Open Data Initiative (15:45-16:45)
- OKFN School of Data – Training on Company Data (10:45-12:45)
- CKAN – Publishing Open Data (14:00-15:00)
- Open Data Partnership for Development (office hours) (17:15 – 18:45)
We’ll also be in the Festival Space for a drop in session on the new Open Data for Development project (17:15-18:45).
At the OGP Summit you can find us talking and participating at sessions on:
- The OGP Open Data Working Group (14:15-15:30)
- The OGP Fiscal Openness Working Group (14:15-15:30)
- Our ‘Follow the Money’ network (15:45-16:45) – where participants will share their experiences of following the money in different countries around the world, and discuss next steps for our Follow the Money network.
Friday 1st November
At the OGP Festival, you’ll still be able to find us at our Open Knowledge Foundation information stands, as well as at an igloo session on the OpenSpending project (13:00-14:00).
At the OGP Summit, you can come and join us at sessions on:
- Joined Up Data (14:00-15:15) – where Lucy Chambers will be presenting findings from a report we’ve been doing on data standards and connecting financial information from different sources.
- Government Open and Shut: Transparency, Privacy and Mass Surveillance – where Open Knowledge Foundation CEO Laura James will introduce and participate in discussions about open data and privacy.
If you’re not in London, you’ll also be able to follow the live streams for many of these sessions, and we’ll be blogging and live tweeting throughout the event.
As the Open Knowledge Foundation's Events Manager Beatrice leads the team organising OKFestival 2014 (Berlin, July 15-18 – see you there!). Furthermore, she coordinates other Open Knowledge Foundation events working to expand the organisation’s global network through a variety of in person and online actions and formats.
She's also a core member of OpenTechSchool, a community initiative offering free programming workshops and meetups. Follow her on Twitter @beatricemartini.
1 thought on “Come and meet us at the Open Government Partnership Summit in London!”
Comments are closed.